JANUARY COURSE NOW FULLY BOOKED!!
About the Course
UKSA offer the very best professional maritime training courses and youth development programmes to help young people transform their lives for the better.
We have teamed with the UKSA to create a bespoke part-funded, Watersports Training Academy course that we hope will help break down some of the financial barriers faced by many wanting to break into the industry.
Throughout 2018/19, we are offering 48 training places to become a dinghy sailing and windsurfing instructor over a ten-week course.
Upon successful completion of the scheme, you will be guaranteed two seasons of employment, based at one of our beautiful beach resorts.
*The enrolment fee for this course is only £1,000
Top 3 reasons to train with UKSA/Neilson Active Holidays
- Top quality instructors
- All inclusive, allowing you to concentrate on your studies
- Unrivalled guidance, teaching and a unique link between the UKSA and Neilson Active Holidays
So what’s included in the Price?
You will be asked to invest £1,000 into the cost of your training, with Neilson Active Holidays covering the remaining cost of £4,750.
- All flights transfers and accommodation is included
- Inside canteen with buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Bikes available to explore the local area
- Outside swimming pool
- Communal area to socialise
- Fitness instructor present 3 mornings a week
You will need to be aged 18+ and have:
- Some previous recreation water sports experience (minimum one week’s recent dinghy or windsurfing experience – any candidates without this level of experience will be required to complete the two-week Kickstart course first)
- A desire to pursue a career in the water sports industry
- An outgoing, enthusiastic personality
- Previous professional water sports or customer service experience is a bonus
The course qualifications you will gain
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Sailing with Spinnakers
- RYA Seamanship Skills
- RYA Day Sailing
- RYA Dinghy Instructor Pre-assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing
- RYA Windsurfing Instructor
Booking your place - Please read details below:
To ensure that this is the right course for you we recommend that all applicants speak with the UKSA expert course advisors.
Please call the UKSA directly on +44 (0)1983 203028
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options
Contact Claire through Facebook on ClaireUksa.
- 24 places available for our 5th November ’18 start
- 24 places available for our 27th January ’19 start
In order to gain your qualifications, you must become a member of the RYA. There is a small fee payable directly to the RYA once you have completed your training.
For further information please follow the link to the RYA membership information.
Graduate Story – Jack Hill
If you are interested in what life might be like as a watersports instructor with Neilson Active Holidays. Check out Jack's story through the link below.
Jack trained at UKSA and now works for Neilson all year-round based in destinations across Europe.
Jack shares his story with us here