About the Course
UKSA (United Kingdom Sailing Academy) offer the very best professional maritime training courses and youth development programmes to help young people transform their lives for the better.
With a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet the demands of the popular and growing activity holiday industry, we have teamed up with UKSA to find the right people for the job, deliver the highest quality training and remove the financial barriers faced by many wanting to break into the industry.
In 2019, 24 places are being offered, giving individuals the chance to become a dinghy sailing and windsurfing instructor over the ten-week course.
Upon successful completion of the scheme, you are guaranteed a job at one of our stunning beach resorts in Greece, Spain, Sardinia or Croatia for a minimum of 2 seasons. You will have plenty of opportunities to progress within the business and to build a great career.
Top 3 reasons to train with UKSA/Neilson Active Holidays
- Top quality instructors
- All inclusive, allowing you to concentrate on your studies
- Unrivalled guidance, teaching and a unique link between the UKSA and Neilson Active Holidays
So what’s included in the Price?
- Food & accommodation
- All your equipment
- 2 summer seasons of guaranteed employment on completion of your training course
You will need to be aged 18+ and have:
- Previous recreation watersports experience (minimum one week’s recent dinghy or windsurfing experience – any candidates without this level of experience will be required to complete the two-week Kickstart course first)
- A desire to pursue a career in the Watersports Industry, working in a beachside location
- Outgoing, enthusiastic personality
- Previous professional watersports or customer service experience is a bonus.
The course qualifications you will gain
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Sailing with Spinnakers
- RYA Seamanship Skills
- RYA Day Sailing
- RYA Dinghy Instructor Pre-assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing
- RYA Windsurfing Instructor
Booking your place - Please read details below:
To ensure that this is the right course for you we recommend that all applicants speak with the UKSA expert course advisors. if you want to start your training earlier please consider UKSA Watersports Instructor Training.
Please call the UKSA directly on +44 (0) 1983 203038
Email: email@example.com to discuss your options
Contact Claire through Facebook on ClaireUksa.
In order to gain your qualifications, you must become a member of the RYA. There is a small fee payable directly to the RYA once you have completed your training.
For further information please follow the link to the RYA membership information.
Graduate Story – Jack Hill
If you are interested in what life might be like as a watersports instructor with Neilson Active Holidays. Check out Jack's story through the link below.
Jack trained at UKSA and now works for Neilson all year-round based in destinations across Europe.
Jack shares his story with us here