If you are an experienced flotilla engineer, that's great! If you have never worked on a yacht before? No problem! Over the years, some of our best Neilson yacht engineers have come from an agricultural & car mechanic background.
You will be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota. Both are equally stunning and both with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- As a Flotilla Engineer, you will be efficient at managing your time and your tools to get the job done correctly
- No problem is too big or too small – you will thrive in an environment that brings a sense of adventure and satisfaction from dealing with a variety of mechanical and electrical faults
- As a Flotilla Engineer, you will need to think outside the box and use your initiative with a positive, personable approach to ensure that our guests receive the highest level of service
- We would expect you to be flexible with your time and work the hours required to ensure that our yachts are fully functional whenever possible
- You will take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson yachts and equipment ensuring that we meet our brochure specifications and guest expectations
- You are happy working as part of a team pro-actively providing help to all guests using our yachts each day
- You will assist in providing a safe and enjoyable working environment and ensuring all health & safety regulations are adhered to, both for staff and guests
- You will be involved in organising and hosting social events on the flotilla, so you will need to be able to interact and build rapport with ease
- You may sometimes need to move between different resorts according to operational needs and requirements
- We would require that you are flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the main accountabilities however these may vary according to your resort.
- Engineering experience – mechanical, electrical or both
- NVQ Level 3 motor vehicle or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Knowledge of 12V electric systems would be beneficial
- VHF license would be beneficial
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance