Kite Surfing Representative
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
You will work closely with our 3rd party suppliers to help to deliver a fun, engaging, safe and informative Kite Surfing programme for guests of all ages whilst always providing amazing service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first ever session or helping someone celebrate their skills, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- You must have the ability to work independently, proactively checking the weather reports in order to seek out the best Kite Surfing locations and to utilise our guests valuable holiday time
- Assist in the preparation, organisation, delivery and the running of activities for all guests both on and off the water
- Actively participate in organising and running activity clubs for children
- Ensure safety cover is of the highest standard from both the beach and safety boats
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to and that guests are advised on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the activity areas always meets guest expectations
- The ability to work well, both independently and as part of the team
- To set up, pack up, and help all guests using our equipment each day
- To assist the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organization and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
- As the first point of guest contact, you'll be confident to consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative and efficient airport transfers both to and from the resort
- Kitesurfing BKSA Level 2 or IKO Level 2 Kitesurfing instructor would be beneficial
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace (A Paediatric First Aid course would be preferable, however, this is not essential)
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience of working in a watersports environment
- Previous customer service experience
- A full UK Driving license is essential and you must be over the age of 21 for insurance purposes
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative kitesurfing sessions would be beneficial
- Skilled in safety and on water rescue techniques.
- Knowledge of current kitesurfing industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Works well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance