Ski Boat Driver
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beach club resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
Waterskiing and Wakeboarding are very popular activities in our resorts, and our Ski Teams love to help our guests get out and enjoy the excellent conditions available throughout our programme.
You will help to deliver a brilliant Waterski/Wakeboard activity programme for the guests while always providing fantastic service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first tow ever or helping someone celebrate landing a well-practised trick, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- To be professional in appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Drive the Waterski Boats in a safe, efficient, and effective manner conducive to teaching beginners through to advanced guests - Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Assist with the delivery of waterski/wakeboard coaching following the BWSW syllabus and Neilson waterfront programme
- Rotate responsibility within the team for driving, spotting, taking bookings, coaching, and preparing guests for their session
- To communicate effectively with the beach team to ensure a high standard of safety at all times
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the pleasing appearance of Neilson sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations.
- Work as part of a team to set up, pack up, and proactively provide assistance to all guests using the equipment each day.
- To practically help with the set up of the centre at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season.
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business to fulfil your contractual end date
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given
- British Water Ski & Wakeboard - Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (SBD2)
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience of working in a waterski/wakeboard environment (desirable)
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled in ski boat driving - Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Knowledge of the BWSW syllabus
- Knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work on own initiative and follow verbal and written instructions
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance