Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Water Skiing and Wakeboarding are very popular activities in our resorts and our Ski Teams love to help our guests get out and enjoy the awesome conditions available throughout our programme.
As a qualified British Water Ski & Waterski (BWSW) Instructor, you understand that everybody learns in their own way. Your dynamic approach and patience will ensure that your guests are up on their feet in no time.
You will help to deliver a brilliant Waterski/Wakeboard activity programme for the guests whilst always providing amazing service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first tow ever or helping someone celebrate landing a well-practised trick, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- To deliver an excellent water ski/wakeboard instruction programme that follows the BWSW syllabus
- To rotate within the team and to take responsibility for instruction, driving and spotting
- Taking bookings and preparing guests for their sessions
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to and that guests are advised on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the activity areas always meets guest expectations
- The ability to work well, both independently and as part of the team
- To set up, pack up, and help all guests using our equipment each day
- To assist the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organization and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
- British Water Ski Federation (BWSW) Licensed Coach/Instructor
- British Water Ski Federation (BWSW) Ski Boat Driver Award (SBDA)
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace.
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience of working in a waterski/wakeboard environment
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled ski boat driver - Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Knowledge of the BWSF syllabus
- Knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well using your own initiative and to follow both verbal and written instructions accurately
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance