Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Water Skiing and Wakeboarding are very popular activities in our resorts and our Ski Teams love to help our guests get out and enjoy the awesome conditions available throughout our programme.
As a qualified British Water Ski Federation (BWSF) Instructor, you understand that everybody learns in their own way. Your dynamic approach and patience will ensure that your team get our guests up on their feet in no time.
You will lead your team to create and deliver a brilliant Waterski/Wakeboard activity programme for the guests whilst always providing amazing service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first tow ever or helping someone celebrate landing a well-practised trick, your team will go out of their way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- Liaise with your line manager with regard placing orders for spares and equipment
- You'll train, motivate and appraise the waterski/wakeboard team to ensure the highest levels of instruction and assume responsibility for the development of the Instructors
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- You'll endure that your team delivers an excellent water ski/wakeboard instruction programme that follows the BWSF syllabus
- You'll organise a working rota and ensure that your team members rotate within the team and to take equal responsibility for instruction, driving and spotting
- You'll ensure that all bookings are taken effectively and that the team adequately prepare all guests for their sessions
- You'll ensure that the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to by the team and that guests are advised on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take overall responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the activity areas always meets guest expectations
- The ability to manage your team effectively and create a great team vibe
- To coordinate the setup, pack up of our equipment each day
- To coordinate the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organization and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
- To train and develop your team over the season
- British Water Ski Federation (BWSF) Instructor qualification
- British Water Ski Federation (BWSF) Ski Boat Driver Award (SBDA)
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace (A Paediatric First Aid course would be preferable, however, this is not essential)
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience running a waterski operation and managing a team.
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled ski boat driver - Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Extensive knowledge of the BWSF syllabus
- In-depth knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well using your own initiative and to follow both verbal and written instructions accurately
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance