Assistant Hotel Manager
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Working closely with the Hotel Manager, as the Assistant Manager, you will support a large front of house team. you will oversee the overall operation of the hotel to ensure that excellent standards are maintained.
This role is ideally suited to someone who is looking to develop into a senior hotel management role and who can bring a rich experience of managing a variety of teams along with solid knowledge gained from working in previous front-line roles.
A passion for hospitality, team-work and the mountains are a must! If you are ready for your next challenge and are looking for a stepping stone into senior management then this could be the role for you.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- Guest relations – You will have the ability to create and maintain a welcoming, comfortable environment within the hotel, and to provide guests with information, help and guidance to ensure a high standard of customer service
- Guest feedback – You will closely monitor all guest feedback to ensure that the service provided to guests is meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Training – To take responsibility for organising, coordinating and delivering pre-season staff training
- To be proactive in dealing with any additional training requirements in order to boost service scores
- KPI’s and Objectives – To set and monitor staff objectives
- Day to day management – You will manage your team, monitoring staff performance along with income and feedback targets
- Coordination of all staff work rosters and rostered days off along with payroll information
- Development of the team – To manage, motivate and develop your teams throughout the season
- To monitor/control budgets and expenditure with the accurate and timely financial accounting
- Bar and ski pack sales – Drive and monitor the sales of drinks in the bar and ski pack sales. Set targets for staff and monitoring these throughout the season
- Stock control – To take responsibility for the management of ordering and purchasing within the hotel including stock orders, levels, stock takes and to monitor/recording all wastage
- Cleanliness of hotel - To ensuring all areas of the hotel are cleaned and maintained on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis in accordance with company standards
- Guest dining – Deliver a varied menu on a 6-day basis as provided by the UK team, and constantly improve methods so as to maintain a fresh approach to food preparation and service
- Cooking experience or a cooking/hospitality qualification
- Previous Management, customer service and sales experience
- Numerical aptitude
- Experience of work overseas desirable
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and to targets
- Conversational French preferred
- Able to work on own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual