Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Bar Manager, you will lead by example to create a professional and profitable environment within the hotel operation. You'll encourage, motivate and monitor your team within their roles throughout the season. You will be driven to achieve and succeed your revenue/service quality targets whilst always providing an excellent and efficient service to our guests.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- Training – Organise, coordinate and deliver pre-season training for the bar team. Ensure they are trained to the highest standards in product knowledge, service, sales, customer service and procedures in order to maintain a successful operation throughout the season.
- Stock control – Managing all areas of the beverage outlets including stock orders, levels, stock takes along with monitoring and recording all wastage.
- Sales - Drive sales by setting & monitoring targets whilst motivating your team to achieve these.
- KPI’s and Objectives – Set and monitor your staff objectives.
- Appraisals and end of season reviews – Conduct mid-season and end of season reviews with your team.
- Development of the team – Manage, motivate and develop your teams throughout the season.
- Day to day management – Managing your teams on a daily basis, monitoring staff performance, income targets and feedback targets.
- Reconcile and account for all sales during working shifts whilst adhering to company standards at all times.
- Be safe – Remain compliant with all health & safety audits and ensure that you provide your team with a safe working environment at all times.
- Represent Neilson in a positive light at all times, both in the hotel and around the resort whilst providing any information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary.
- Ensure that all staff are delivering an excellent service at all times.
- Previous hospitality and customer service experience
- Proven supervisory/staff management experience
- Previous experience working within a similar standard and size of operation for at least 6 months
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
- Comfortable with cashing up and accounting for daily takings
- Computer literate and capable of learning new programs/ procedures quickly and accurately
- A formal hospitality qualification and/ or dedicated beverage course (desirable)
- Experience of work overseas and ski or boarding experience (desirable)
- To be a positive and effective communicator
- Good knowledge of beverage service, brands, products and cocktails
- To display consistent high levels of service and to maintain the Neilson standards
- The ability to train and motivate a results orientated team whilst maintaining effective working relationships.
- Able to work alone using your own initiative whilst under pressure and to follow written and verbal instructions.
- To be flexible with your working hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation.Proven experience in a sales environment in the F&B industry (Desirable)
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Attentive, outgoing, friendly and smiley
- Approachable, honest, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking and well organised