Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a member of the bar team, you will be an integral part of our winter team helping to provide an excellent and efficient bar service to our guests throughout the season.
You will need to be professional with an outgoing personality and able to work in a productive manner at all times. A keen eye for detail is key along with having the drive to ensure both service and income targets are met/exceeded on a weekly basis.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- Provide excellent customer service in a friendly and professional manner for both bar and table service
- Reconcile and account for all sales during working shifts whilst adhering to company standards at all times
- Maintain bar stock to a sufficient level at all times so as to provide an efficient service during each shift
- Monitor and record all wastage or breakages in line with company procedures
- Ensure that the bar and the bar area are cleaned to a high standard at all times
- Remain motivated to drive sales for beverage products wherever possible.
- Create positive working relationships
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of Neilson products and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- To be an ambassador for Neilson at all times, both in the hotel and around the resort
- Providing information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary
- Previous experience in bar, hospitality and customer service
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience cashing up and accounting for daily takings
- Computer literate and capable of quickly and accurately learning new programs/procedures
- A formal hospitality qualification and/or dedicated beverage course (desirable)
- Experience of working overseas and ski or boarding experience (desirable)
- To be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with our guests
- Good knowledge of beverage service, brands, products and cocktails
- To display a consistently high level of service and maintain Neilson standards
- Ability to work well within a result orientated team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work under your own initiative whilst under pressure
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- To be flexible with work hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Proven experience in a sales environment in the F&B industry (Desirable)
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Attentive, outgoing, friendly and smiley
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking and well organised
- Punctual and flexible