Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Chalet Chef, you will be an ambassador for Neilson Active Holidays and represent the face of the company in and around the resort. This role is varied, and you will support the different elements that make up the Neilson experience for our guests.
You'll prepare daily breakfast, afternoon tea, three-course evening meals along with an excellent level of service, cleanliness and a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for our guests. The Chalet Chef is responsible for all food labelling, recipe cards and also adhering to Neilson allergen process.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- To maintain a welcoming and comfortable chalet environment and to go above and beyond all guest expectations
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- To prepare a delicious cooked/continental breakfast in the mornings, lay on a tasty afternoon tea and finish off with a knockout three-course evening meal, six days a week
- To follow the Neilson Chalet Manual, the core menu plans and suggested recipes in accordance with a pre-determined budget while always adhering to health and food hygiene regulations and ensuring that all brochure promises are fulfilled
- To keep the chalet consistently clean and well maintained in accordance with company standards and guidelines on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis
- Take full responsibility for the chalet shopping, ordering, and accounting in conjunction with your line manager in the resort
- To remain vigilant of all utility and chalet spending in line with budgetary and environmental requirements, while maintaining high-quality service levels
- To ensure that the chalet is a safe, secure environment in which to work and stay and that all company health and safety procedures are implemented
- Accurately complete & submit all company paperwork in accordance with pre-determined deadlines, and to take full responsibility for the handling & accounting of all Company monies in your possession
- To represent Neilson as a positive light at all times, both in the chalet and around the resort while providing any information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary
- To carry out all other duties that assist with the smooth running of overseas operations as directed by the resort manager, such as helping with luggage, assisting with ski fit and clearing snow
- Previous catering, customer service, and hospitality experience, preferably in a hotel environment
- Numerical Aptitude
- Experience of work overseas desirable
- Skiing or Snowboarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work on own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Attentive, outgoing, friendly and smiley nature