As a Chalet Host, you will be an ambassador for Neilson Active Holidays and represent the face of the company in and around the resort. This role is really varied, and you will support the different elements that make up the Neilson experience for our guests in the resort. You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the catering and hospitality services in our chalets meet the expected high standards.
You'll provide and deliver an excellent level of service and cleanliness within our Neilson chalets, whilst also providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. You will also need to be comfortable in the kitchen and confident cooking for groups of 10 or more as you will assist the Chalet Chef in the preparation of daily breakfast, afternoon tea, and three-course evening meals.
- To maintain a welcoming, comfortable chalet environment and always go above and beyond all guest expectations.
- To assist the Chalet Chef in the preparation, creation, and service of a daily cooked/continental breakfast, afternoon tea and a knockout three-course evening meal, six days a week.
- To keep the chalet consistently clean and well maintained in accordance with Company standards and guidelines on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis.
- To assist the Chalet Chef with shopping, ordering and accounting for the chalet, in conjunction with your resort manager.
- To remain vigilant of all utility and chalet spending in line with budgetary and environmental requirements, whilst maintaining high-quality service levels.
- To ensure that the chalet is a safe, secure environment in which to work and stay and that all company health and safety procedures are implemented.
- Accurately complete & submit all company paperwork in accordance with pre-determined deadlines, and to take full responsibility for the handling & accounting of all Company monies in your possession.
- To follow the Neilson Chalet Manual, whilst always adhering to health and food hygiene regulations and ensuring that all brochure promises are fulfilled.
- To represent Neilson as a positive light at all times, both in the chalet and around the resort whilst providing any information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary.
- To carry out all other duties that assist with the smooth running of overseas operations as directed by the resort manager, such as assisting with luggage, assisting with ski fit and clearing snow.
- Previous catering, customer service, and hospitality experience, preferably in a hotel environment.
- Numerical Aptitude.
- Experience of work overseas desirable.
- Skiing or Snowboarding experience desirable.
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships.
- Able to work using own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming.
- Attentive, outgoing, friendly and smiley nature.
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic.
- Highly motivated.