Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Chalet Host, you will be an ambassador for Neilson Active Holidays and represent the face of the company around the chalet and the resort. This role is varied, and you will support the different elements that make up the Neilson experience for our guests in the resort.
You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the catering and hospitality services in our chalets meet the expected high standards.
You'll provide and deliver an excellent level of service and cleanliness within our Neilson chalets, while also providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our guests.
You will also need to be comfortable in the kitchen, confident cooking for groups of around 10 or more guests as you will prepare daily breakfast, afternoon tea, and three-course evening meals.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- You'll maintain a welcoming, comfortable chalet environment, always going above and beyond all guest expectations
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- You'll prepare and serve a delicious daily cooked/continental breakfast, afternoon tea and a knockout 3-course evening meal
- You'll ensure that the chalet is consistently clean and well maintained in accordance with Neilson standards
- In conjunction with your line manager, you will be responsible for the chalet food/supply ordering and accounting
- You will remain vigilant of all utility and chalet spending in line with budgetary, environmental requirements, while always maintaining high-quality service levels
- Ensure that the chalet is a safe, secure environment in which to work/stay and that all company health and safety procedures are implemented
- Accurately complete & submit all company paperwork in accordance with pre-determined deadlines
- Take full responsibility for the handling & accounting of all company monies in your possession
- Follow the Neilson chalet Blueprint to ensure that all brochure promises are fulfilled
- Ensure that all guest dietary requirements are met at all times
- Always represent Neilson as a positive light, both in the chalet and around the resort
- Providing any information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary
- Carry out all other duties that will assist with the smooth running of our overseas operation as directed by the resort manager, such as helping with luggage, assisting with ski fit and clearing snow
- Previous catering, customer service, and hospitality experience (Preferably in a chalet or hotel environment)
- Numerical Aptitude
- Experience of work overseas desirable
- Skiing or Snowboarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work using your initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Attentive, outgoing, friendly and smiley nature