Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Chalet Manager, you will be an ambassador for Neilson Active Holidays and represent the face of the company in and around the chalets and resort.
We are looking for reliable individuals with previous catering and/or ski industry experience. You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the catering and hospitality services in our chalets meet the expected high standards.
You'll be responsible for several catered ski chalets and lead from the front. Working alongside your team, you'll ensure the highest levels of customer care, catering and chalet cleanliness as specified in the Neilson blueprint.
You’ll provide ongoing training, support and guidance to your team of Chalet Hosts. Flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm will be vital to drive and manage your team.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- Delivering the pre-season training of your Chalet team as well as continued mentoring and training throughout the season
- Regular visits to properties during and outside service times to ensure standards are being met and staff are going beyond all guest expectations
- Acting as a Chalet Host and/or Chalet Head Hosts as necessary, covering for staff injury or illness and being actively involved in the changeover day
- To remain vigilant of all utility and chalet spending in line with budgetary and environmental requirements, while maintaining high-quality service levels
- Monitor, manage and advise on stock management practices, ensuring efficiency and minimisation of wastage; food, wine, linen and cleaning products
- Assisting the Chalet Head Hosts with placing weekly food, other orders and receiving deliveries
- To accurately complete & submit all company paperwork in accordance with pre-determined deadlines, and to take full responsibility for the handling & accounting of all Company monies in your possession
- Monitoring weekly customer feedback and determining where further guidance, support and training is necessary
- To follow the Neilson ‘Be Safe’ system to ensure all chalet staff are adhering to health and food hygiene regulations
- Ensure that all guest dietary requirements are fulfilled at all times
- To assist, mentor and train Chalet Head Hosts in managing their teams with regards to development, performance management and any HR issues that may arise
- Provide weekly reports to Neilson Mountain Collection Manager focusing on key performance indicators
- You will be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental staff to meet business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback to staff through ongoing performance reviews and regular team meetings
- Ensure that motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- Ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with company HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff are well presented and wearing the correct uniform at all times
- Previous experience as a Chalet Host or Chalet Head Host is highly desirable
- A passion for cooking and exceptional customer service
- Prior experience of leading a team environment coupled with the ability to use your initiative
- Front line customer service and problem-solving expertise
- Desire to organise, manage, prioritize and develop your own routine to achieve results and exceed your expectations
- Computer literacy particularly in Excel (for accounting purposes), email & web research
- Numerical Aptitude
- Experience of work overseas desirable
- Skiing or Snowboarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
- Hold a valid clean driving license
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and unsociable hours
- Driven to achieve and succeed in a target focused environment
- Language skills (desirable)
- Ability to work under own initiative and to follow written and verbal instructions
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual