Chef de Partie
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
The Chef de Partie assists in the delivery of all meals and ensures a high standard of food preparation, presentation and quality as directed by the Head Chef.
You'll need a great attitude and a willingness to learn from the Sous/Head Chef. You'll lead the Commis Chefs by example and follow instructions whenever asked.
You will take great pride in everything you do within the kitchen and make sure the team adheres to both HACCAP and Neilson allergen procedures covered during the preseason training.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- To assist in the delivery of a menu that is suitable for the requirements of the operation and to cater for any specific guest dietary requirements
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and service as set out by the Head Chef/Hospitality Manager
- To be flexible and approachable under all circumstances to ensure a smooth operation between departments that will meet the needs of the operation
- To ensure a safe working environment at all times
- To be customer service orientated at all times and display a willingness to encourage direct feedback from our guests
- Consistently provide ideas, revise, implement variations, improvements and changes to working systems to meet the needs of changing guests throughout the season
- To monitor and record any wastage or breakages in line with company procedures
- To develop positive working relationships with all the teams in the operation
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- To ensure that all procedures put in place are followed to prevent the loss of stocks/revenue
- To carry out any other additional duties that assist the smooth running of our overseas operations as directed by your line manager
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- A formal chef or cooking qualification
- At least six months experience in a similar operation
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
- Basic knowledge of kitchen operations and requirements of the role
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Display constant high standards and service
- To be a positive and effective communicator with both the team and with guests
- To be flexible with working hours and be willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Tidy appearance with good personal grooming
- Highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
- Honest, hardworking, self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure
- Well organised, punctual and flexible
- Friendly and approachable
- An excellent communicator