The Head Chef leads the kitchen team keeping them organised and motivated. It is also the head chefs responsibility to make sure that all HACCAP procedures are followed.
As the head chef, you must be confident that your team understands and follows all Neilson allergen guidelines to ensure the safe delivery of food to all our guests.
The pre-season training of your team will be essential to set up for a successful season. You will need to be a very approachable person and create good working relationships with all other departments, general managers and most importantly, with your team.
You will create an excellent working atmosphere, keep your team happy and get the best out of them.
You will need to be flexible and do everything you can to keep our guests happy. You'll make sure that all food prepared for them, along with any special requests, always add to the fantastic experience expected from Neilson holiday.
You will also be responsible for making sure that you hit our customer feedback targets and always stick to your budget of which will be explained to you before the season starts.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- Deliver a menu that is suitable for all guests within the budget, while ensuring it still consistently achieves targeted customer feedback scores
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Develop, design, and train staff to support the production of delicious and varied a la carte/buffet menus
- Conduct weekly stock checks and reporting on stock levels
- Set, instruct and monitor all areas of the HACCP system ensuring designated paperwork is completed and meets all UK Laws along with those of the country you are based in
- To be flexible, approachable and to build strong relationships that will assist the smooth operation between all hotel departments
- Promote and ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- To be customer service orientated and encourage direct feedback from our guests
- Ensure you purchase the quality products required while still staying within set financial restraints
- Monitor and record all wastage and breakages in line with the company procedures
- Enthusiastically and pro-actively promote Neilson and our holidays
- Ensure that robust processes are put in place to prevent any loss of stocks and monitor that these are being followed
- To carry out any other tasks as requested by your line manager
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Catering qualifications
- IT skills, computer literate and capable with Excel and Word and producing menus, stock sheets and written reports
- Current Food Hygiene certificate and HACCP training
- Proven experience in managing teams
- Extensive experience in design and food presentation in hot/cold buffet menus and a la carte dining
- Experience in catering for large numbers and preferably within a hotel environment
- Managing kitchen budgets and stock control procedures.
- Experience of working overseas with a tour operator (Desirable)
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Display constant high levels of standards and service, leading by example
- Be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with guests
- Experience and training in various food styles
- The ability to motivate and train team members to achieve objectives
- Be flexible with working hours and be willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Hard-working, self-motivated and works well under pressure with a desire to succeed
- Well organised, punctual, and flexible
- Honest, friendly and approachable
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming with the highest levels of personal hygiene at all times