Head Hotel Host
NMC Chalet Hotels are run by our expert teams and led by the Head Hotel Host. You will support the Chalet Hotel Manager in the day-to-day running of the chalet hotel and motivate the team to consistently deliver an excellent service.
You will need experience of team management, to be confident with customer interaction and passionate about working together as a team to deliver the best possible service.
You will ensure that a high standard of catering and hospitality services are offered to our guests in Neilson’s smaller winter hotels, whilst achieving pre-determined financial targets and providing an excellent standard of service to all internal & external customers.
- To create and maintain a welcoming and comfortable environment in the hotel, providing guests with information, help and guidance to ensure high standards of customer service
- To set, monitor and control key service performance indicators
- Support, motivate and encourage all members of the hotel team, provide and encourage constant feedback and seek to always improve performance
- Successfully identify the training needs for yourself and your team and ensure that any necessary training is completed
- In conjunction with the management team, take responsibility for the coordination of all staff work rosters, rostered days off and payroll information
- In conjunction with the kitchen team, plan & serve a varied 6-day menu and constantly seek to improve all methods and maintain a fresh approach to the food preparation and service
- To achieve set sales targets for ski pack, bar and après ski products and to operate within the set budget whilst regularly monitoring & reporting on the financial performance
- In conjunction with the management team, to take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of strict stock control systems throughout all areas of the hotel.
- To be responsible for ensuring all areas of the hotel are cleaned and maintained on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis in accordance with Company standards
- To ensure that your hotel environment is a safe place in which to work and stay
- Ensure that all company and locally-required health and safety procedures are implemented
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and to pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- To establish good working relationships with our suppliers to ensure a strong, positive company resort image
- Cooking experience or a cooking/hospitality qualification
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Numerical aptitude
- Experience of working overseas (desirable)
- Ski or snowboarding experience (desirable)
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to set targets
- Language skills (desirable)
- Ability to work under own initiative and to follow written and verbal instructions
- Clean and tidy in appearance