Head Ski Representative
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Head Representative, you will ensure the Neilson resort team delivers an excellent standard of customer service to all guests staying in Neilson Mountain Collection hotels, chalets and 3rd party accommodations. You work hard towards achieving all pre-determined financial, sales and customer service targets.
You and your team of Ski Representatives will be the face of Neilson Active Holidays around the resort. You'll always be happy to help, able to remain calm under pressure and to keep smiling whenever the going gets tough.
Generally, your day will be structured around team management, guest visits, organisation, time planning and completion of company paperwork. All of this will be to ensure the smooth running of the operation and that your guests have everything they need for the perfect holiday.
You will be expected to maintain regular contact with our guests, albeit at the airport, in a hotel/chalet, a ski school meeting place or up on the mountain. You will sell and promote lift passes, equipment and tuition as well as various events for your guests to enjoy. In addition to this, you will closely monitor the performance of your team.
You and your team will have various administration tasks to complete within a required timeframe ranging from financial accounts, company paperwork and general administrative tasks preparing for your guest's arrival in the resort.
You will also need to be able to remain professional when dealing with any unexpected medical emergencies, which, unfortunately, in this environment, can be commonplace. All guest issues should always be resolved & handled promptly and effectively.
The sheer variety and unpredictability of this job calls for great personal strengths and qualities, therefore, we are particularly interested in people who have had previous experience working as a holiday representative and managing a team to step into this highly rewarding role.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- Ensure that the best possible ski holiday experience is delivered to all guests staying in Neilson Mountain Collection hotels, chalets or 3rd party accommodation
- Meet, greet and accompany guests to and from the airport
- You'll provide useful assistance and advice to our guests
- You will represent Neilson as the airport controller as required and depending on your resort logistics
- You will sell and promote various ski pack items to our guests in order to provide an excellent service and meet any set targets
- Stay in regular contact with customers and speak to them at least three times per week
- Wherever possible, you will endeavour to resolve all guest issues in the resort in order to minimise UK complaints
- You'll set, monitor, and achieve all company targets for yourself and your team including ski pack sales, customer service, problem resolution, and any other relevant metrics
- Support, motivate and encourage members of the Ski Representative team, provide constant feedback and always seek to improve the overall team performance
- Identify and carry out any training requirements within the team regularly
- Work alongside and provide support to all staff working in Neilson Mountain collection properties. Always be prepared to get your hands dirty and assist the team whenever required
- In conjunction with your line manager, you'll take responsibility and coordinate staff work rosters, days off and the completion of any necessary paperwork
- You will correctly report, record and account for all company monies via the Neilson financial reporting system
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all guests
- Establish good working relationships with resort suppliers and maintain a robust and positive company image
- In conjunction with your locally selected ski school, you will oversee the in-resort Neilson Mountain Experts (NME) guiding programme and coaching sessions (for NMC properties). You will ensure that these will accurately reflect the customer’s needs and provide exceptional customer service in line with company standards/procedures
- You will be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental staff to meet business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback to staff through ongoing performance reviews and regular team meetings
- Ensure that motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- In the absence of the Hotel Manager, ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with company HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff are well presented and wearing the correct uniform at all times
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Experience of working overseas essential
- Previous Head Representative & supervisory experience
- Prior customer service, problem-solving and sales experience essential
- Numerical aptitude and experience of working with cash/cash balance/accounts
- Ski or boarding experience essential
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership qualities and ability to motivate and manage a team
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Able to work under pressure and in unsociable hours
- Able to use your own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Language skills preferred but not essential
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy in appearance
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual