KITCHEN PORTER/NIGHT PORTER
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
You'll provide general assistance in the kitchen, getting involved in food washing, preparation, kitchen equipment/store cleaning, putting away deliveries, occasional driving duties. You will ensure that all cleanliness standards within the kitchen are maintained and support all members of the team.
As a dual role, this is perfect for someone that enjoys being part of a busy team but is also happy to work alone using their own initiative too. This role is rotated weekly between supporting the kitchen and switching it up to Night Porter duties and keeping the hotel safe. This is a great opportunity to learn about working in every area of the kitchen as well as taking responsibility for the security of the hotel throughout the night.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- This is a dual role that requires you to work a weekly rotation of day shifts and night shifts
- To be customer service orientated at all times and encourage direct feedback from our guests
- To develop a positive working relationship within all teams
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- Be part of the overall kitchen operation and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained at all times
- Take the lead on the efficient process of cleaning all cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils used within the property
- Ensure all cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils are cleaned to a high standard, using the correct cleaning products
- Be prepared to assist the chefs with basic food preparation
- To assist with deliveries – this will include unloading, stock-checking and storing all products. In some resorts, you may be required to drive a company vehicle to assist with deliveries. When driving a company vehicle, you must adhere to the guidelines as set in the company blueprint
- Conduct regular checks/walkarounds throughout the night
- Respond to any emergencies that occur in a professional and confident manner
- Complete any administrative tasks that have been set by your manager
- Clean all public areas as requested by your manager
- Undertake any kitchen preparation as requested by the Head Chef
- At least 6 months experience in a professional kitchen as a kitchen porter would be desirable
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- A full, UK driving license, aged 21 or over with experience of driving in snowy conditions (ONLY where driving is required – resort specific)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work alone throughout the night
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well under own initiative and follow written/verbal instructions
- Knowledge of Food Safety & Hygiene
- Knowledge of general health & safety procedures
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual