As a Kitchen Porter, you will be an ambassador for Neilson Active Holidays and represent the face of the company in and around our Neilson Mountain collection properties.
This role is varied, and you will support the different elements that make up the Neilson experience for our guests in the resort. You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the catering and hospitality services in our chalets meet the expected high standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about working in every area of the kitchen. You'll provide general assistance and get involved in food washing, preparation, kitchen equipment/storage, cleaning up and putting away deliveries.
- You will be part of the overall kitchen operation and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained at all times
- Take the lead on the efficient process of cleaning all cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils used within the property
- Ensure all cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils are cleaned to a high standard, using the correct cleaning products
- Be prepared to assist the chefs with basic food preparation
- To assist with deliveries – this will include unloading, stock-checking and storing all products correctly
- In some resorts, you may be required to drive a company vehicle to assist with deliveries. When driving a company vehicle, you must adhere to the guidelines as set in the company blueprint
- At least six months experience in a professional kitchen as a kitchen porter would be desirable
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- A full, UK driving license, aged 21 or over with experience of driving in snowy conditions (Resort specific - ONLY where driving is required)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well under own initiative and follow written/verbal instructions
- Knowledge of Food Safety & Hygiene
- Knowledge of general health & safety procedures
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual