Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Kitchen Porter/Driver, you will be an ambassador for Neilson Active Holidays and represent the face of the company in and around our Neilson Mountain collection properties.
This role is varied, and you will support the different elements that make up the Neilson experience for our guests in the resort. You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the catering and hospitality services in our chalets meet the expected high standards.
You'll provide general assistance in the kitchen, getting involved in food washing, preparation, kitchen equipment/storage, cleaning up, putting away deliveries, safely transporting items, produce and luggage as requested by your line manager between destinations within the programme.
As a dual role, this is perfect for someone that enjoys being part of a busy team but is also happy to work alone using their initiative. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about every area of the kitchen while also assisting operational transportation.
- This is a dual role that requires a flexible approach to work
- You will also be expected to work in other areas of the hotel from time to time, particularly on changeover day to ensure the overall success of the operation.
- This will include helping with all aspects of the hotel host role and possibly bar as required to by your manager
- You must be customer service orientated at all times and encourage direct feedback from our guests
- To develop a positive working relationship with all teams
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays
- Be part of the overall kitchen operation and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained at all times
- Take the lead on the most efficient process of cleaning all cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils/equipment used within the property
- These should be cleaned to a high standard, using the correct cleaning products
- Be prepared to assist the chefs with basic food preparation and also the service of food
- Organise and store food deliveries correctly and safely
- Empty waste bins and other refuse as required and make sure these are ready for collection by the local authorities and kept clean and tidy at all times
- To act as a welcoming face on transfer day when collecting and transporting guests luggage; always being of smart company dress and appearance
- Adhering to the guidelines as set in the company blueprint with regards to driving a company vehicle
- To assist with deliveries – this will include unloading, stock-checking and storing all products
- To safely transport luggage as requested between destinations within the programme
- To ensure you are contactable at all times in view of emergencies and unplanned jobs that may arise
- You will be required to be flexible with regards to your timetable and within reason, always be prepared to drive at short notice
- At least six months experience in a professional kitchen as a kitchen porter would be desirable
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- A full, UK driving license, aged 21 or over with experience of driving in snowy conditions
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well under own initiative and follow written/verbal instructions
- Knowledge of Food Safety & Hygiene
- Knowledge of general health & safety procedures
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual