Repair and Maintenance Technician
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Repair & Maintenance Technician, you will ensure that all NMC chalets & hotels are maintained to a high standard. Any repairs are to be rectified correctly and swiftly.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- To assist with inventories at the start of the season and to gain a thorough understanding of all technical operating systems within each individual property
- To ensure that all appliances are in good working order at the start of the season, maintained and returned in a good state of repair
- To be responsible for keeping the chalet store inventory, recording the distribution of items to chalets and club hotels and auditing their return
- To ensure that chalet and club staff are familiar with the electrical/ gas/heating systems/appliances within their individual units and are able to use them in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- To assist in the implementation of all company health/safety procedures and ensure that all chalets/club hotels are a safe place in which to work and stay
- To be responsible for compiling a list of emergency/utility services local to each resort and for distributing this information to the individual chalet/hotel properties
- Fully account for all expenditure of company monies and ensuring repairs/maintenance are carried out within pre-determined budgetary guidelines
- To carry out other duties that assist with the smooth running of the overseas operations as designated by your line manager in the resort
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- General maintenance skills including at least one of the following: carpentry, electrical repairs, basic plumbing
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
- Language skills (Desirable)
- Full/clean driving license
- Over the age of 21 for insurance purposes
- To be flexible with working hours and be willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Computer literate
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Hard working, self-motivated and works well under pressure
- Well organised, punctual and flexible
- Honest, friendly and approachable in nature
- Excellent communicator