Neilson Mountain Expert Rep
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Neilson Mountain Expert, you will design, promote and actively participate in the NME programme in your hotel. You will work closely with our chosen local ski school to ensure that customer needs are met during all guiding sessions, and exceptional customer service is provided in line with company standards and procedures.
In addition to your NME duties, you will also take on any resort representative responsibilities and assist the hotel team as required by your line manager.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- Design a weekly programme and liaise with both the hotel manager and the ski school to cover how the programme will be delivered every week, always taking into consideration the customer needs and local weather conditions
- You will organise all sessions to achieve maximum take-up against your set targets
- You'll meet with all customers in your hotel and present the Neilson Mountain Expert programme during the show brief and on a one to one basis if necessary, to promote all the benefits of this fantastic product
- You'll continually liaise with reception and chalet staff so that you can adapt the programme whenever necessary, to ensure all customers have the opportunity to join you
- You'll meet guests at the start of each guiding or coaching session and accompany a minimum of 3 sessions a week on the mountain to maintain a high level of customer service
- You will collect feedback every week from customers, liaise with the ski school about the results and provide any constructive feedback as necessary
- You'll ensure that all reporting deadlines for Mountain Experts attendance figures are met at all times
- You'll ensure that all promotional materials in our Mountain Collection properties are up to date, of a suitable quality that is in line with brand standards and relevant to attract the target uptake
- You'll resolve any problems that arise promptly and efficiently
- You'll carry out other resort representative duties around the resort such as airport transfers, ski fit and assisting with luggage etc...
- Advanced level skier or snowboarder, preferably to basic instructor level
- Sports coaching experience or qualifications are highly desirable
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Experience of working overseas is desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Numerical Aptitude
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Local language skills an advantage
- Able to work on own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Approachable, patient, professional and enthusiastic
- Particular enthusiasm for the mountain environment, skiing and snowboarding
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Clean and tidy appearance