Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
You'll be responsible for the operation of the Neilson Ski & Snowboard programme within your gateway. This will include logistics, operational budget achievement, health and safety, Neilson Mountain Expert delivery, and managing all associated 3rd party suppliers.
You will manage a team of overseas operational staff and will be accountable for the representative, resort transfer organisation and gateway service scores.
Working closely with the Director of Winter, you'll ensure a consistent approach to the development of our programme, improving the customer offering, developing in-resort sales and optimising programme profitability.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- Deliver the Neilson ski programme within the resort to the agreed standards and within the agreed budgets
- Implement set KPIs, ensuring that all operational budgets are measured and reported every month
- Ensure that all financial processes are managed accurately, including 3rd party supplier payments, monthly reconciliation of company bank accounts and staff payroll
- Ensure effective delivery of the representative and NME representative services to Neilson 'Blueprint standards'
- Safeguard the effective delivery and reporting of the Neilson Mountain Expert product
- Help and support the Head of Club Development to create a Neilson Mountain Collection pipeline by proactively contacting suppliers and property owners to find potential hotels/chalets that could be suitable additions to the future Neilson Mountain Collection portfolio
- Guarantee that the Neilson ski operation is compliant under local laws, UK tour operating law and all health & safety legislation. This must be monitored, audited and updated as required
- You'll take responsibility for all 3rd party bed acquisition and negotiate favourable rates as guided by the Director of Winter
- Manage the Neilson “Be Safe” compliance process, work closely with local agencies and suppliers to ensure the safety of all customers and staff
- Your marketing responsibilities will include ensuring the use of up to date in resort branding that complies with company guidelines along with the management of social media activity. You'll also host press trips and educationals to promote Neilson Ski
- Liaise with airlines and local airports to ensure Neilson have effective and efficient airport transfer day
- You will take the role of Neilson airport controller as often as possible
- You will have the ability to understand and form a smooth working relationship alongside the Neilson hospitality staff to ensure a smooth customer holiday experience
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT, PERSONAL SKILLS OR QUALITIES
- This is a Leadership role – You MUST be a confident self-starter, with the ability to develop, lead and motivate a broad team including office and operational staff
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage deadlines and complicated work schedules within strict timelines
- Ability to achieve excellent standards within a fast-paced environment
- Proactive with a flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task, while maintaining a calm manner
- Numerate, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - confident presenter
TECHNICAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
- Proven ability to produce accurate, concise and insightful presentations and reports, using MS Powerpoint, MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience of working effectively with overseas suppliers
EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
- Previous experience in the ski tour-operating environment within a senior management role
- In-depth understanding of the UK ski holiday market
- Proven product innovation experience – with a focus on optimising product delivery, reducing costs, negotiation skills, improving the customer experience and the overall programme profitability
- Excellent local language skills for the country of posting
- Previous experience of overseas operational management
- A solid understanding of excellent customer service practices
- Established links with industry stakeholders and resort tourist boards to promote the Neilson ski offering
- GCSE level English and Maths (or equivalent)
- UK or EU driving licence
- Relevant degree - graduate
- Business or management related education and training
- Welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Target orientated with excellent negotiation skills
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, confident, knowledgeable