Operations Manager - Andorra
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
Supported by the Area Manager, the Operations Manager in Andorra is responsible for the day to day operational & logistical management, customer service delivery, health & safety awareness and maintaining company standards throughout the gateway.
You'll also take responsibility for the quality and performance, the 3rd party hotel program, external 3rd party and NMC supplier services including ski schools, lift stations, hire shops, transport companies and activity providers.
This role requires building close relationships with suppliers, continually developing/adapting our service model to ensure efficiency, brand contact and cost-effectiveness in all areas along with consistent communication with the NMC resort management structure.
You'll be a key stakeholder in the operational budget and financial processes across the resorts. You are expected to keep track of costs, spending, opportunities and risks to the business throughout the season while managing and monitoring all relevant financial processes. You'll motivate and develop the operations team to ensure that service is delivered and targets are met.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- Deliver our ski programme in resort to the agreed standards and within the agreed budgets
- Implement set KPIs, ensuring that all operational budgets are measured and reported monthly
- Ensure all financial processes relevant to the role are managed accurately including ski station reconciliation and apres-ski sales generation
- Ensure the effective delivery of the Neilson Representative and Neilson Mountain Expert Representative to the Neilson 'Blueprint Standards' applicable in your resort
- Manage all 3rd party accommodation and service relationships
- Take shared responsibility for ensuring that our ski operation is fully compliant in line with local laws, UK tour operating law and all Health & Safety legislation. You will monitor, audit and update as required
- Manage and control the Neilson “Be Safe” compliance process and work closely with local agencies and suppliers to ensure the safety of all customers and staff
- You marketing responsibilities will include ensuring the use of up to date in resort branding that complies with company guidelines and the management of social media activity. You will also host any press trips and educationals to promote Neilson Ski
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT, PERSONAL SKILLS OR QUALITIES
- This is a Leadership role – You MUST be a confident self-starter, with the ability to develop, lead and motivate a broad team including office and operational staff
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage deadlines and complicated work schedules within strict timelines
- Ability to achieve excellent standards within a fast-paced environment
- Proactive with a flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task, while maintaining a calm manner
- Numerate, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - confident presenter
TECHNICAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
- Proven ability to produce accurate, concise and insightful presentations and reports, using MS Powerpoint, MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience of working effectively with overseas suppliers
EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
- Previous experience in the ski tour-operating environment within a senior management role
- In-depth understanding of the UK ski holiday market
- Proven product innovation experience – with a focus on optimising product delivery, reducing costs, negotiation skills, improving the customer experience and the overall programme profitability
- Excellent local language skills for the country of posting
- Previous experience of overseas operational management
- A solid understanding of excellent customer service practices
- Established links with industry stakeholders and resort tourist boards to promote the Neilson ski offering
- GCSE level English and Maths (or equivalent)
- UK or EU driving licence
- Relevant degree - graduate
- Business or management related education and training
- Welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Target orientated with excellent negotiation skills
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, confident, knowledgeable