Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Working as part of a large team you will be responsible for making sure that all guests receive excellent service throughout their meals along with ensuring that their glasses remain topped with drinks from the bar.
This is the perfect role for anyone that has good experience as a waiter/waitress and enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment. You will need to be friendly, approachable and have a passion for the mountains as this will enable you to genuinely engage with our guests and make their holiday extra special.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- Service with a smile – You will be serving our guests their breakfast and dinner on a daily basis. You need to be approachable, friendly and professional to help create a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the restaurant
- Deliver an efficient and knowledgeable drinks/wine service to each and every guest
- Engage with all guests to promote and converse about the Neilson summer and winter programme
- Work together as a team to achieve CSQ and income targets
- Adhere to all health and safety practices within the restaurant, including allergy awareness
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and keep the restaurant tidy
- Ensure tables are properly cleared and re-set in a timely manner
- Develop positive working relationships with all of the departments
- At least 6 months experience in an operation of a similar size and standard
- Good experience with wine and table service
- Ski or boarding experience (desirable)
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well under own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Good knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated with a flexible approach to working patterns
- Organised and punctual