Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
You'll work as a team to make sure that all guests receive both efficient & excellent service during meal times while upselling drinks or events to generate additional income for the business.
This is the perfect role for an experienced waiter/waitress who enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment. You'll need to be friendly, approachable, have a passion for the mountains as this will enable you to engage with our guests and make their holiday extra special.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- You will be serving our guests their breakfast and evening meal daily and going the extra mile at all times
- Deliver efficient and knowledgeable drinks/wine service to every guest
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Adhere to all other health and safety practices within the restaurant
- Work alongside your line manager and kitchen team to deal with any individual dietary requirements
- You’ll need to be approachable, friendly and professional to help create a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the restaurant
- Engage with all guests to promote and converse about the Neilson summer and winter product
- Work together as a team to achieve CSQ and income targets
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness, keeping the restaurant tidy at all times
- Ensure tables are properly cleared and re-set promptly
- Develop positive working relationships with all other departments
- Experience working in an operation of a similar size and standard
- Good understanding of wine and table service
- Ski or boarding experience (desirable)
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to be efficient/productive at work
- Ability to use your initiative and to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work within a team
- Good knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated with a flexible approach to working patterns
- Organised and punctual