Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
The restaurants within our NMC Hotels are a hive of activity with a 7-day breakfast, dinner service along with popular terraces for passing trade. Our NMC restaurants require a hard-working, organised and efficient manager.
You will be managing a large team of restaurant hosts and responsible for making sure that guests receive an excellent service. If you love the buzz of a busy restaurant and have experience in restaurant management then apply today.
Leading by example, you will create a professional, efficient, and profitable environment within the food service areas of the operation. You'll display leadership and motivational skills within the restaurant team whilst using your creativity to ensure sales and customer service targets are constantly achieved.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- To train and motivate your team to ensure the highest levels of service
- Food and beverage sales and standards are to be constantly maintained throughout the operation
- To manage all aspects of our food outlets including stock orders/levels, stock take, along with cleanliness and hygiene
- To document, train, and develop the knowledge of your team
- To ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Drive sales through the setting/monitoring of targets and to motivate your team to achieve these
- Display excellent customer service and awareness at all times
- To reconcile and account for all sales taken during working shifts
- To monitor/record any wastage or breakages inline with company procedures
- To actively report any issues relating to the operation or ideas for improvement to your line managers
- Organise promotions to drive sales on various stock items
- Develop a positive working relationship with all teams
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and to pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson Guests
- Carry out any other additional duties as requested by the management team
- Proven Supervisory/Management experience gained within an operation of a similar size and standard for a minimum of 2 years
- Completed a dedicated hospitality and/or food and beverage service course
- Proven experience in a sales environment within the Food & Beverage industry
- Computer literate and capable of learning new programmes and procedures quickly and accurately
- Experience with Excel/Word, capable of producing menus, stock sheets and written reports
- Attentive, outgoing and & Friendly
- Excellent appearance & personal grooming
- Approachable and confident
- Ability to motivate your team to achieve objectives and sale targets
- To enjoy and training staff and leading by example