Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
The restaurants within our NMC Hotels are a hive of activity with a 7-day breakfast, dinner service along with popular terraces for passing trade. Our NMC restaurants require a hard-working, organised and efficient manager.
You will be managing a large team of restaurant hosts and responsible for making sure that our guests receive an excellent service. If you love the buzz of a busy restaurant and have experience in restaurant management, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Leading by example, you will create a professional, efficient, and profitable environment within the foodservice areas of the operation. You'll display leadership and motivational skills within the restaurant team while using your creativity to ensure sales and customer service targets are achieved continuously.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
- To train and motivate your team to ensure the highest levels of service
- Food and beverage sales and standards are to be constantly maintained throughout the operation
- To manage all aspects of our food outlets including stock orders/levels, stock take, cleanliness and hygiene
- You will document, train, and develop the knowledge of your team
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Drive sales through the setting/monitoring of targets and motivate your team to achieve these
- Display excellent customer service and awareness at all times
- To reconcile and account for all sales taken during working shifts
- To monitor/record any wastage or breakages in line with company procedures
- To actively report any issues relating to the operation and ideas for improvement to your line managers
- Organise promotions to drive sales on various stock items
- Develop a positive working relationship with all teams
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and to pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- Carry out any other additional duties as requested by the management team
- Actively encourage CSQs returns
- Attend weekly HOD meetings
- Work with kitchen ensure all dietary requirements are met
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- You will be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental staff to meet business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback to staff through ongoing performance reviews and regular team meetings
- Ensure that motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- In the absence of the Hotel Manager, ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with company HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff are well presented and wearing the correct uniform at all times
- Proven Supervisory/Management experience
- Completion of dedicated hospitality and/or food and beverage service course is highly beneficial
- Proven experience in a sales environment within the Food & Beverage industry
- Computer literate, capable of learning new programmes, procedures quickly and accurately
- Experience with Excel/Word, capable of producing menus, stock sheets and written reports
- Attentive, outgoing and & Friendly
- Excellent appearance & personal grooming
- Approachable and confident
- Ability to motivate your team to achieve objectives and sale targets
- To enjoy and training staff and to lead by example
- Flexible able to change hours/service to meet with guests needs i.e. flight delays
- Prepared to work unsocial hours