Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Ski Representative, you will be the face of Neilson Active Holidays around the resort. You'll be happy to help, able to remain calm under pressure and keep smiling whenever the going gets tough. Generally, your day will be structured around your daily visits where you will check in with your guests and make sure that they have everything they need for the perfect holiday.
Visits will take place every evening and most mornings. You will place yourselves wherever you have the best opportunity to interact with your guests albeit, a hotel, chalet, ski school meeting place one of the mountain restaurants. You will plan and promote a nightly apres ski programme, entertain, build fantastic rapport and generally make sure that our guests are happy. Wherever possible any guest issues will be resolved promptly and effectively.
You will take care of all the back-office duties including accurate accounts, paperwork, preparation of welcome packs for arrival/departures. You will also professionally deal with any unexpected medical emergencies which can be commonplace.
The sheer variety and unpredictability of the job calls for great personal strengths and qualities, therefore, we are particularly interested in people who have any previous holiday representative experience.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- You will need to quickly become a resort expert, acquire and constantly improve your knowledge of the resort and local ski area
- You will be able to confidently advise Neilson guests with regard to equipment hire, tuition, and our accommodation
- To meet, greet and escort guests to and from the airport or appropriate coach feeder points and provide assistance and information to all internal and external customers
- To regularly visit hotels and apartments at set times, liaise with hoteliers and resolve any guest issues.
- To sell services and social events as directed by your line manager to provide a high level of guest service and to meet with agreed targets
- To sell ‘ski packs’ (lift pass, equipment & tuition) as a service to guests in order to meet agreed conversion ratios
- To keep records of all monies taken and paid out on behalf of the company and to ensure the safe handling, storage, and passage of any company funds
- To monitor CSQs (customer service questionnaires) and feedback to suppliers in order to improve service
- To work closely with Neilson suppliers to ensure and monitor that the agreed service standards are met throughout the season
- To ensure the correct administration of reservations with all accommodation suppliers and to liaise with the resort office in a timely manner regarding any matters relating to guest bookings
- To complete all financial/non-financial paperwork accurately, legibly and in accordance with pre-determined deadlines
- To ensure that all resort costs and expenses fall within targets set by your line manager
- To closely monitor all health and safety issues relating to Neilson guests, completing all necessary audits and to quickly escalate problems in accordance with Company procedures
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of Neilson products and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- To carry out all other duties that assist with the smooth running of the overseas operation as directed by your resort manager
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Leadership qualities
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Able to work under pressure and to targets
- Able to work on own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Language skills preferred
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Previous representative/supervisory experience desirable
- Numerical Aptitude
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Experience of working overseas highly beneficial
- Ski or boarding experience essential
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Attentive, outgoing, friendly and assertive in verbal communication
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming