If you're all about skiing and snowboarding, and aren't concerned with a vast array of bars and shopping, Les Menuires in France is a brilliant choice for you.
It doesn't carry the price tag of the other Three Valley's resorts either, but it does have all of the convenience - as many of the places to stay here are close to the slopes.
Les Menuires is quite quiet compared to other Three Valley resorts, so the choice of bars, clubs and restaurants is smaller - but still great. Our flagship hotel, the Neilson Hotel Le Menuire & Spa, is very comfortable and has a lovely pool and spa area.
- Neilson Mountain Collection available
- 600km Three Valleys ski area
- Snowsure with a glacier
- Beginner & family friendly
- Quiet nightlife
- Sunday flying from London Gatwick or Manchester
- 3 hour transfer
On the mountain
Les Menuires sits in the midst of the largest lift-linked ski area in the world. It has the most skiing of all the Three Valleys resorts, with 160km of mainly blue or green runs.
Families and beginners are well provided for, with a superb carpet conveyor lift and gentle slopes in the Croisette area. The closest black runs are on La Masse - try the Bouquetin, Dame Blanche or the off-piste run down into Orelle for some real challenges. It's definitely worth hiring a guide and transceivers for that!
Les Menuires resort stats
- Resort altitude: 1850m
- Skiing altitude: 1260m to 3230m
- Glacier: Yes
- Ski area size: 600km in the Three Valleys area
- Number of runs: 275
- Range of runs: 21% green, 33% blue, 35% red and 11% black
- Lifts: 78 drags, 68 chairlifts, 34 gondola and 6 cable cars
- Night skiing: No
- Cross country trails: 28km
- Snowmaking: 41% runs covered
- Resort bus: Yes
Off the mountain
Relax in the indoor pool or hot tub at the new leisure centre, dine out on Italian, Tex-Mex and Savoyard specialties or seek out the few bars that stay open after midnight. Try après bar Le Kube or Le Leeberty - the only nightclub.
For an afternoon off the slopes, head to Aquafun and Wellness Centre and relax in the waves and water jets - there's even a dedicated kids area. If you want to stay on the snow, try out the sledging, cross country skiing or the new activity of Speed Mountain tobogganing - ideal for mini speed demons.
Les Menuires offers
Save some money for après with our ski & board offers...
- Free child lift pass (2-17 years) on holidays departing 31 March and 7 April
- Free ski guiding & coaching from fully qualified Neilson Mountain Experts when you stay at Neilson Hotel Le Menuire & Spa.
- Free lift pass for the group leader when 12+ people book and each pre-books a lift pass
- Group discount on local and area lift passes when you pre-book 3 adults or more
- Everyone pays child lift pass price when you pre-book 2 adult and 2 child lift passes (for 5-17 year olds)
- Free lift passes for kids under 5 available in the resort
Take a snow-shoe trip through La Vallée des Belleville, with it's towering scenery and endless pine forest - it's a fun afternoon and a chance to see another side of Les Menuires.
Rail luge is a toboggan run on rails, with loads of excitement and breathtaking scenery. Children and adults slide on individual sledges for over 1000m (the longest in the French Alps) on the twists, descents and raised bends - all in a beautiful setting.
Les Menuires travel info
- Departure airports: London Gatwick or Manchester
- Departure day: Sunday
- Arrival airport: Grenoble
- Flying time: approx. 2 hours
- Transfer time: approx. 3 hours