Neilson Chalet Hotel Edelweiss
- Sunday flights from Gatwick or Manchester
- 1 hour 30 minute resort transfer
- Hotel accommodation
- Breakfast & afternoon tea daily
- 6 evening meals with wine
- Free guiding & coaching
- Hot tub & sauna
- Lovely bar & lounge
- 24 rooms
- Hotel shuttle bus
- Lounge with fireplace
- Quiet location
- 120m to the lifts
- 400km ski area
- Resort altitude: 1509m
- Made for intermediates & advanced
- Amazing nightlife
- Short transfer
- Ideal for groups
This is a small, chalet-style gem of a hotel on the outskirts of Sauze d'Oulx. Its location could not be better for keen skiers and snowboarders - with the Jouvenceaux Sportinia lift is just 120m away, you can ski or board straight from the boot room. And for those that are comfortable on red runs, it's possible to ski back to the hotel, too.
There's a lovely, typically Italian laid-back atmosphere, thanks to the intimate bar and snug lounge with its open fire. The dining area is also rustically styled, with original stone walls and wooden ceilings, and plenty of wooden furnishings create an authentic mountain feel. Being on the outskirts of Sauze also makes for spectacular views across the valley - particularly from the large sun terrace.
To help you relax at the end of the day, there's a small wellness area with a hot tub, sauna and treatment room offering sports and relaxing massages.
From the chalet hotel to...
- Nearest lift: 120m to Jovenceaux Sportinia 4-person chairlift, 1.3km to Sportinia chairlift and Clotes chairlift
- Hotel shuttle bus stop: Outside the hotel (operates regularly between 5pm & 10pm every day)
- Resort ski bus stop: 200m
- Equipment hire shop: 1km. Free equipment hire delivery service for kit booked through Neilson
- Tuition meeting point: Top of Sportinia lift
- Resort centre: 150m to Jouvenceaux or 1km to Sauze
About the resort
Sauze d'Oulx sits at the northern end of the huge Milky Way ski area, perched on a sunny plateau. 'Sunny Sauze' (as it's come to be known) is particularly popular with the Brits, and it's not a huge surprise with the resort being big on nightlife as well as skiing. It's a party town, made even better due to the legendary skiing and boarding on offer.
As the gateway to some 400km of piste, it's a magnet for skiers and boarders who like a bit of party action as well as their time on the mountains. It's a fantastic place for intermediate and advanced skiers and boarders, thanks to endless cruisy blue runs and nearly 200kms of challenging reds.
At night the resort really comes to life. There's a huge amount of clubs, restaurants and bars offering a little bit of everything - live music, DJ sets and dancing, all available late into the night.
- Area size: 400km in the Milky Way area
- Linked resorts: Clavière, Sestrière and Montgenèvre
- Resort altitude: 1509m
- Skiing altitude: 1380m to 2825m
- Number of runs: 212
- Range of runs: 3% green, 32% blue, 46% red and 19% black
- Lifts: 45 drags, 36 chairs, 1 cable car and 1 gondola
- Night skiing: No
- Cross country trails: 25km
- Snowmaking: 60% runs covered
- Resort bus: Yes
Rest and relaxation
After racking up the miles on the seemingly endless slopes, the hot tub and sauna will be sure to help you soothe any aching muscles.
And for a little extra help, there's a treatment room offering a range of sports and beauty therapies. Take a look at the massage and body treatment menu for information and prices.
Food and drink
Our chalet board basis is designed for skiers and boarders. Breakfast is a fairly extensive affair with cooked and continental options every day. Your daily afternoon tea of freshly baked cakes and biscuits will be waiting for you when you come in from the slopes.
Evening meals are a 3-course set-menu with regionally inspired dishes, served with complimentary wine and followed by fresh coffee. We provide evening meals on 6 nights a week, leaving you free to head out and explore the resort on 1 evening.
The 24 bedrooms are spacious, and are a nice mix of traditional and contemporary in style. Many have hand carved furniture and balconies, with fantastic views of the piste and surrounding mountains. You'll find all the usual facilities too - cable TV, mini-safe, telephone and an en-suite bathroom with hairdryer, shower, wc and luxurious Temple Spa toiletries.
Equipment delivery service
When you pre-book equipment hire with us, you can also enjoy our hassle-free delivery service. Head to the equipment hire shop on arrival day (about a 10-15min walk), get fitted for your hire kit and the shop will deliver it to the hotel later that day. On the last day of your holiday, simply head back to the shop and drop the kit off.
Neilson Mountain Experts
Do remember that you get free guiding and coaching throughout the week from fully qualified ski and board instructors with our Mountain Expert service.
Designed for confident blue and red-run skiers and snowboarders, they'll show you around the mountain on free guiding sessions, and even offer free coaching sessions to help you become a more confident skier or snowboarder.
There are at least 3 sessions a week, and we guarantee each guest at least 2 sessions per week. Your hosts will explain how it works in further detail when you're there.
Extras and offers
- Free guiding & coaching from fully qualified Neilson Mountain Experts
- Free lift pass for the group organiser when 12+ people pre-book a lift pass
- Children under 15 can receive a discount when sharing a room with at least 2 adults
Chalet hotel features
- Neilson rating: ***+
- 24 bedrooms
- Relaxed bar
- Lounge with log fire
- Free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and board games in the public areas
- Small wellness area with hot tub and sauna
- Treatment room for sports and beauty therapies
- Equipment hire delivery & collection service for kit booked through Neilson
- Ski storage with heated boot warmers
- Free hotel shuttle bus to the centre of Sauze runs regularly between 5 &10pm
- Daily housekeeping with towels provided
- Departure airports: London Gatwick or Manchester
- Departure day: Sunday
- Arrival airport: Turin
- Flight duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Transfer time: approx. 1 hour 30 minutes
Are you a large group?
If you're a large group looking to book the entire chalet hotel, we'd love to help. Our call centre consultants are all trained groups specialists and love a challenge. Give them a call on 0330 134 6376 or email email@example.com