Keeping active is one of the best things you can do to ensure you are staying healthy and pro-active, even if it’s just going on a walk.
Adventure is a magical gift that starts with our mind-set. My name is Kate Airey - wife, mum, friend and founder of Nurtured Warrior, a health and wellness community. I’m an ordinary girl choosing to lead an extraordinary life. My family consists of Mark my husband (a giant amongst men), our two beautiful boys Zac (8) and Sammy (5), and our dog Roo. We are learning to embrace adventure, home schooling, 24/7 togetherness, moments of chaos and a whole lot of fun during this current situation.
Staying positive and adventurous in times of adversity can be challenging. I have used this opportunity to pause and discover the things that really bring me joy. I’ve created self-care practices that help keep my mind and body strong and positive so that I can live an extraordinary life.
These Mindful Tips are simple and small, but when done consistently create powerful results:
• Make your first thought of the day a positive one.
• Create a gratitude list. Write down all of the things that you are grateful for. Allow your list to grow daily.
• Create a vision-board. Pin on pictures and words. Simple things to big dreams. Things that you can do in now and things for the future.
• Create a routine. Include exercise, meals, work, fun, and time to unwind. They are all equally important.
• Celebrate the small wins each day.
• Be kind to yourself. As if you would be to your loved ones.
• Fuel your body and mind well. Eat nourishing foods and stay hydrated. Plan your meals, use fresh ingredients, have healthy snacks to hand. You are worth it.
• Get active and inspire others to get active too. Together is better (socially distanced of course). It boosts our physical and mental health, especially when you find an activity that brings you joy.
• Try something new, explore new places, dust off your bike and learn to read a map. Make it exciting.
• Plan the adventures you dream about. Believe with every ounce of your being that anything is possible, and take action.
• Get out in nature. Notice natures magnificent beauty, explore your local area, look out for natures hidden gems. Our favourite book is the Wild Guide — you can get one for your area, I highly recommend it.
• Don’t let fear stop you. Be brave and have courage.
And finally keep it fun and get your active on.