Family holiday tips: before you leave
Thinking ahead before your holiday can make it much easier to relax once you’re there.
• Book a family or interconnecting room, depending on the age of your kids. If your children are still little and you need all of the beds in one family room, choosing a suite can be a good way to get some extra space.
• Write a packing list to make sure you’ve got everything covered.
• Pack light on clothes, especially for a beach holiday. Chances are you’ll spend most of your time in your swimmers, so don’t go mad on outfits. All children in our kids’ clubs (with the exception of TAG) get a rash vest, and younger children (up to Stingrays age) also get a sun hat.
• Don’t forget a few basic medicines like antihistamines and Calpol in case of holiday bugs or mishaps.
• Bring a few reusable containers for transporting snacks on day trips or to the beach. If there’s one thing we know about kids, it’s that snacks are a must!
• Cut down on the amount you need to bring by pre-ordering one of our baby or toddler booster packs for your room. They include handy items like changing mats, baby bouncers, bottle sterilisers, kettle and microwave. We’ve also got lots of baby baths, cots and pushchairs you can request.
• You can hit the shop in your beachclub for nappies, milk, formula milk, suntan lotion and other family necessities so don’t worry about bringing a full supply for your holiday.
• Consider inviting friends or family along on group holiday to help share the work – and the fun!